It’s no secrete that Cache Valley is known for its best winter sport – snowmobiling. With multiple snowmobile complexes in the area, we have hundreds of miles of well-groomed trails that you can explore. From one majestic view to the next, you won’t be able to get enough of the snowy fields and mountains.
If you’re coming to visit Cache Valley with your snowmobile, be sure to check out these resources to learn more about the trails and where to go to register your ride (even if you’re from out of state):
Prime snowmobiling season in the area is between December and May.
Before you set off on your next adventure on one of the many trails around Logan, UT, be sure that your sled has been inspected to avoid any mechanical failure while out in the snow. Here are some things you can do yourself, and actually don’t take a ton of time:
- Replace Chaincase Lube and tighten chain
- Remove any glaze on Clutch Sheaves and reset the tension
- Check Exhaust System for leaks in gaskets and weak springs
- Grease Skidframe Suspension and other shafts
- Check the Reed Cage for damage and broken plastic pedals
- Adjust the track and align skis for performance and efficiency
- Replace thin and worn out Carbides
- Check for loose bolts and fasteners
Going through this checklist before hitting the trails will make a big difference in how much fun you’ll have. It’s not worth risking having your ride break down when you’re miles away from town and trying to figure out how to get you, and your snowmobile, out of the mountains.
If you need help with performing these checks, or just need the parts, give us a call or come by the shop and we’ll be sure to help you out in the best ways we know how.